Match Preview: DC United

Tonight the Revs are on the road again for the third time this season, and having played only four games.  This week, the Revs are up against DC United and I am a bit tentative when I say that I like our chances.
 
The main reason is DC United have not been playing lights out defense this year, and as such are giving up a lot of late goals.  In the four matches they have played this season, they have scored the first goal, but yet have only one win to show for it (and that was against Houston, who are still struggling to find their offense).  I am also not a big fan of goalkeeper Louis Crayton, who I feel is a bit suspect and a big liability for DC.  On the plus side they have Luciano Emilio who, having looked way out of shape last season, seems to have regained his fitness from two years ago; but, so far he has been the only consistent scorer for DC.
 
For the Revs it is a question of injuries.  If Larentowicz (questionable) is not able to go tonight, Pat Phelan will get the start.  This will put more defensive responsibility on Shalrie which will limit his ability to effectively distribute the ball.  The Revs will have to look to Steve Ralston to set up the offense, if not provide it entirely.
 
That being said, I do not predict a high scoring game.  Although I am hoping for a win for the Revs, I am going to call this game a draw: 1-1.  Emilio scores for DC, with Ralston scoring the equalizer. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment